Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) have played an important role for the development of the economic. These fields are getting more and more attention among the developing world. For this reason Cambodian government has drawn the attention through ministry of education, youth and Sports (MoYES) to promote the fields. Therefore, Scientific Day is held as a yearly event organized by the Institute of Technology of Cambodia (ITC) and supported by partners such as French Institute, Japan International Cooperation Agency, private sectors, and other stakeholders. The participants such as national and international scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and government officials who experienced in the engineering fields are the key persons for sharing, disseminating the successful effort of the technology development in Cambodia and for strengthening the research collaboration between ITC and different partners.
The main objectives of the event are:
- To reinforce local, regional and international cooperation,
- To launch different existing research fields in ITC,
- To stimulate the research activity at the institute,
- To promote the join HRs research linkage among ITC, public and private sectors, and
- To strengthen the research capacity and innovation for engineering education
- To share the scientific research outputs
Experts from diversified fields are to present their research output in the event. The topic of the presentation covers STEM aspect including Water and Environment, Food processing and Technology, New and Renewable Energy, ITC and Electrical Engineering, and Construction Technology and Material.
Date and venue: The Scientific Day and Open House will be organized on 04 and 05 May, 2017 at the Institute of Technology of Cambodia presiding by the high rank official from the Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS), and local and international researchers.
Presentation: The participation in the form of papers and oral or poster presentation is welcome. The full paper will be published in ITC journal (Please see the attached format of the paper). Scientists, Professors, Partners of ITC and Entrepreneurs from Local and International are welcomed to send their paper and/or poster to the scientific committee. About 8 oral presentations of 20 min each will be selected for each field.
Exposition companies: Products, Designs and Services of companies are welcomed to present in booths provided by ITC. Interested companies are advised to contact:
- IN Sokneang, Head of University-Industry Linkage office, Institute of Technology of Cambodia, Tel: 012 447 898, or e-mail to: [email protected].
- Dr. Heng Sokchhay Tel: 012 712 127 or e-mail : [email protected] .
Participants: Local and International researchers from academic institutions, official from government agencies, NGOs, companies and students will be invited to the event.